|Description||It was discovered in an egg at The Fate Temple. It's a smart Pokemon and every time he blinks, an egg hatches.|
Fatear (出産 Shussan "Birth" pronounced FATE-tear) is a legendary Pokemon that was discovered in an egg. In The Fate Temple, there are hieroglyphs that show a Fatear-like creature destroying a village, and others that have Fatear with his eyes closed and Pokemon coming out of eggs. Fatear resides in The Fate Ruins with lots of wild Pokemon and a giant statue of the Fatear-like Pokemon. There's a hieroglyph that shows Arceus pointing at the Fatear-like creature, which would would possibly mean that Arceus vanished him. Fatear's signature move is Reborn, wich fully heals him, or anyone he touches, which is the reason that in The Final Destination, Destonator wants to have him as a pet to heal himself anytime he needs to.
Fatear's name comes from Fate. Just like Fateranaur. Fatear's japanese name, Shussan, comes from Birth.
CryEditFatear's cry was crafted from an 8-bit coin sound effect from Mario, but with huge differences. Fatear's cry has a much higher, fluctuating pitch, frequency, and vibration.
Fatear plays a primary role as the one who heals everyone after the battles. Destonator wants to have Fatear to heal him whenever he needs to, but the Heroes protect Fatear.
- Fatear originally was different in color, and in appearance.
- Fatear originally was 5 feet and 7 inches tall, but it seemed too tall.
- There was an idea of Fatear evolving to Fateranaur at level 100, and into Cosaurus at level 99 with an Ekans, and if Cosaurus leveled up to level 100 with Fateranaur by his side, they could fuse and create a Pokemon called Fatesaur, It just didn't seem right and it was scrapped.
- I wanted Fatear to be No. 495... that didn't or would have been ever accomplished...
- Fatear is 1/7th of Fateranaur's size.